Saturday, August 30, 2008

The TRUE Truth About ABBA and JMJM

I want to clear up something very, very important.

Recently, I released a satirical song titled "Genetic Test" that was the hypothetical ABBA song that would have been included in Mamma Mia! and would have resolved the plot of the show by virtue of a genetic test discovering in fact who Sophie's father is. In promoting this song, I made the mistake of claiming that this song was rejected by ABBA from me in 1973 back when I was their primary songwriter. However, this is not true. In 1973, I was neither alive nor a primary songwriter for any Swedish pop groups. Furthermore, I fabricated a letter from the members of ABBA in which the band rejected "Genetic Test". This fabricated letter was also never written by ABBA; furthermore, it was never read by ABBA. Initially, these went by largely unnoticed; however, after my song appeared on YouTube in the form of a fan music video from a non-existent fan, backed by the story of a band named JMJM that, despite having real human beings performing on the recording of "Genetic Test", was a band solely assembled initially for the recording of "Genetic Test", these tidbits became noticed. Although I included mention of my later date of birth in many of my webpages (and, now, in the information on the song's YouTube video), the information, by being located in separate sites, might not have been obvious to new listeners.

Yet, as I mentioned, I have unfortunately gone about promoting this song improperly, and I will be changing the fashion in which I'll be advertising this song in the future. And despite the controversy that this song has caused, I do hope that this song will appear more appropriately, promoted in a different light, on an upcoming comedy album which I am in the midst of recording.

To all those aware of the TRUE story of my song "Genetic Test", I apologize for any confusion or hard feelings that my improper promotion of this song may have caused.

No comments: